Notable natives and residents
- Jophery Brown, Stuntman and Chicago Cubs pitcher was born in Grambling.
- Ralph Garr, baseball player, attended college at Grambling State University.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson Jones, President and Head baseball coach at Grambling State University.
- Paul Millsap, professional basketball player with the Atlanta Hawks.
- Eddie Robinson, Head football coach at Grambling State University and second winningest coach in NCAA Division I football history.
- Pinkie C. Wilkerson, African-American member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from Lincoln, Bienville, and Union parishes from 1992 until her death in a six-vehicle accident in Bossier City in 2000.
- Paul “Tank” Younger, NFL player, NFL’s first African-American front-office executive and College Football Hall of Fame member.
- Doug Williams, Player and Head football coach at Grambling State University. First black starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl.
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census
of 2000, there were 4,693 people, 1,173 households, and 649 families residing in the town. The population density
was 855.4 people per square mile (330.1/km²). There were 1,408 housing units at an average density of 256.6 per square mile (99.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 1.07% White
, 97.10% African American
, 0.11% Native American
, 0.53% from other races
, and 1.04% from two or more races. Hispanic
of any race were 0.98% of the population.
There were 1,173 households out of which 24.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 28.0% were married couples
living together, 22.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 44.6% were non-families. 31.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.31 and the average family size was 2.99.
The age distribution of the population is: 13.4% under the age of 18, 54.9% from 18 to 24, 12.8% from 25 to 44, 11.2% from 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 22 years. Both the age distribution and median age are typical of college towns. For every 100 females there are 84.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.9 males.
Population in 2013: 5,049 (82% urban, 18% rural). Population change since 2000: +7.6%
The median income for a household in the town was $19,331, and the median income for a family was $27,857. Males had a median income of $22,417 versus $20,842 for females. The per capita income
for the town was $8,903. About 30.1% of families and 40.0% of the population were below the poverty line
, including 48.4% of those under age 18 and 13.6% of those age 65 or over.
Estimated median household income in 2013: $19,657 (it was $19,331 in 2000)
|Median resident age:
|Louisiana median age:
If your child has had trouble sleeping, you will want to try different types of medicines to see which ones work best to help your little one sleep better. The international union for conservation of ketoconazole soap online
nature has. Tetracycline was discovered in 1949, and was the first antibiotic to be approved by the us food and drug administration (fda) for use in both animals and humans.
Please consult your doctor to get the best out of it. It should be a treatment that should be used midnight antabuse tablets online in combination with other drugs. However, there are certain risks to using this drug for an acne treatment.
The blood pressure of the study participants who were given the drug was measured every five minutes throughout the day. If you have used one Brājarājnagar cost of zyrtec of the drugs to help with impotence or premature ejaculation, you will probably be interested to know how to use the next two drugs for your sexual needs. It is a chronic disabling skin disease that causes itching from the parasite that causes it (i.e.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $9,257 (it was $8,903 in 2000)
Grambling town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $86,564 (it was $70,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $618.
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Grambling-Louisiana.html#ixzz3ytInkfzZ